Holistic Educational Advising and Learning Services
What Do We Do?
GIEVA Organization provides a holistic educational advising and learning services (HEALS). The HEALS is a collaborative effort anchored on partnership to create mutual values for university communities, students, parents, and other strategic partners. It is to create a sense of working together and build platforms for a culture of inclusion and sustainable development within the evolving global context.
Being a youth-educational- based organization, exchange of international students to share cultural experiences, stimulate spirit of service through volunteering, and inspire sustainable mind set among youth through leadership training are essential elements of GIEVA HEALS Program.
The HEALS’ partnership program is between the admission offices, Education related Volunteer Organizations, International Test Bodies (Education Testing Services, American Collegiate Test), High Schools/Universities in Nigeria, and GIEVA organization.
GIEVA Organization is obligated to provide international standard best practices in seeking qualified students with outstanding potentials; guide the students to navigate through admission processes; and advocate for academic financial support for the students. We provide necessary visa/pre-departure orientations; we supervise student Internships, summer camp programs, and evaluate/monitor progress of students when admitted through HEALS program; We also facilitate the establishment /strengthen leadership of HEALS Alumni program globally.
Why Do We Do It?
As a collaborative platform, HEALS addresses SEVENbasic objectives:
- To avoid and minimize academic credential scams;
- To facilitate recruitment/placement tours by bringing admission officers in touch with academically outstanding students in high schools in Nigeria.
- To establish and facilitate bench mark standards for students’ interns, summer camp participants, and volunteer services;
- To establish international standard for best practices of recruitments/placements of international students at affordable cost through identification, recruitment, and placement of international students with outstanding, academic, leadership, sport, artistic, and music potentials in various universities throughout the world.
- To initiate future Young African Leadership movement with global relevance through educational exchange.
- To initiate the preparation of Nigerian High School graduate students to engage in Advanced Placement Program while waiting for college/university admissions.
- To strengthen the platform for the placement of first degree graduate students from Nigeria universities to pursue graduate studies in other part of the world.
How Do We Do It?
To attract students with high academic, leadership, sports, and artistic potentials with minimum cost. Also, to provide access to, and opportunities for global education with twenty-first century relevance. The HEALS platform involves:
a. The organization of annual recruitment/placement tour program
b. The establishment of Partner- Schools Representative Forum to share ideas and resources;
c. The Representation of Academic Credential Evaluation Organizations as dispatcher.
d. Build and strengthen Partnerships with relevant organizations globally
Under the HEALS platform, an in-country recruitment/placement team is charged with the responsibility to:
- Identify students with outstanding academic, leadership, sport, music, and artistic potentials that are planning to study in the United States and Canada.
- Prepare students through educational advising and mentoring
- Collaborate with EduationUSA, to connect students to accredited 2-years, and 4-years colleges and universities in the United States & Canada.
- Provide in-country admission membership programs involving with essay writing workshops, seminars, general orientation, and group study.
- Facilitate and encourage the establishment of Advance Placement programs in selected Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
- Facilitate and organize annual recruitment tours of International High Schools.
- Provide visa and pre-departure orientations
- Facilitate the SEVIS Fee processing payment
- Guide students and monitor progress while in the United States and Canada
HEALS Roles in International Recruitment/Placements in the last Ten (10) Years:
Global Integrated Education Volunteer Association, Inc. (GIEVA Organization) incorporated 21, 2006 is to provide platform for cultural and educational exchanges between Nigeria and North America specifically and other parts of the world in general.
GIEVA -HEAS Platform has been involved in obtaining a verifiable academic minimum cut-off requirement while providing necessary advice and mentoring through student application process.
The Non-immigrant Youth
In the last ten (10) Years, GIEVA – HEALS platform had facilitated the admission process of over 20,000 internationals (undergraduates and undergraduate students from Nigeria who made the United States the destination of choice when seeking admissions to 2-Year and 4-year Colleges and universities.
To achieve this objective, the academically qualified students and their parents go through application processes involving, academic credential evaluation, writing the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Graduate Record Examination (GRE), American Collegiate Test (ACT), Scholastic Admission Test (SAT), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and supporting college essays and a purpose statement.
After the admission along with Form I-20 for all non-immigrant students, they would need to go through payment of SEVIS Fees to enable them attend student Visa interviews in their home countries.
GIEVA HEALS Platform has its Global Educational Advising Center (GEAC) to provide quality, timely, accurate, unbiased information about all accredited U.S. higher education institutions for persons wishing to study in the U.S, Canada, Britain, Australia, India, China, and universities from other parts of the world.
The GEAC offers individual advising for a nominal fee to help interested Nigerian students specifically and African students in general gain placement in 2-year and 4-year Colleges and Universities in the United States.
GEAC also offers Admission Processing Scholarship to assist outstanding students from economically disadvantaged families and Countries in Africa.
GEAC strives to provide accurate, comprehensive, current, and unbiased information on educational opportunities in various part of the world.
GEAC does not endorse or rank any college or university, nor do we endorse services provided by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa procurement.
Prospective New Member Assessment
- Each applicant will be assessed by GIEVA-HEALS education adviser who will advise them about the potential student for admission into any college of higher learning anywhere in the world
- Qualified applicants are encouraged to become a GEAC member to enable access to GEAC services every weekday except Friday and Nigerian and Country’s public holidays.
GEAC Members Criteria:
- A photo identification card
- Attend mentoring and advising session at least two time per week
- Attend GIEVA Creative Leadership session at least once a month
- Participate in GEAC Volunteer Training Program
- Participate in Entrepreneurial Impact and Value Innovation Program
- Agree to become a GIEVA Ambassador
GEAC Member Access
- Priority access to an educational Adviser
- Personal assistance to find an appropriate college or university
- Access to GEAC facilities and services and partner
- GEAC Network of educational advisers throughout the world.
GEAC Global Objectives:
- Creating platform for global integration
- Provide facilities and services to ensure the best possible chance for admissions into appropriate institutions in any part of the country of choice:
- Assist in connecting prospective members to leading universities for admission and academic merit scholarship, and fellowships.
- Advising and mentoring services
- Personal interviews with students, parents, guardians and sponsors
- Assistance to complete application forms for U.S. colleges and universities
- Help to convey the finest qualities of the applicants
- Library of print and electronic educational materials
GEAC Global Scholar Academy:
- Technology Center connected to other educational resources
- Internet and email
- Provide contact information for colleges and universities
- Annual Global Scholar Academy for Scholarship Competitions
GEAC Advisers and Mentors will assist each member to:
- Select and apply to appropriate institutions
- Provide information on standardized tests requirements for admission such as TOEFL, ACT, IELS, SAT, GRE and GMAT
- Advocate for application fee waivers
- Understand what life will be like in a new environment and culture
- Orientation sessions
- Guide for successful student visa interviews
- Provide pre-departure orientations
GEAC Special Weekly Orientation Sessions
- Special orientation sessions are held for members only once a week. It Provides:
- Detailed information about preparing to study anywhere in the world
- Counseling on the visa process
- Pre-departure orientation and procedures
GEAC Educational Advising Centers Locations:
Lagos House Floor 3, Suite 329, Shodeinde Street
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Central Area
+234 -703 525 0399; E-mail: Contact@gieva.org
Contact Adviser: Mrs. Zhebai Ogodo +234 8033783231
Kingsway Building, 51-52 Marina Via Martin Street
+234 -703 525 0344; E-mail: Contact@gieva.org
Contact Adviser: Mr. Sunday Taiwo +234 813 7474995
ECWA Production Building RM 9
10, Kano-Beach Road, Jos, Plateau State
+2348100289330; Email: Contact@gieva.org
Contact Adviser: Dr Daniel Newton Obaka/ +2349069248771
Visit our dedicated GIEVA HEALS website!