GIEVA is the current International Representative for the SAT in Nigeria. With the working relationships with Education Testing Services (ETS) since 2007, GIEVA assists students who seek to study in the United States with platforms for easy access to admission process by facilitating registration, supplying of study resources, and offering a holistic education, advising and learning services
About International Examinations
GIEVA Organization provides services for various international examinations. These include the administration of the SAT. To enhance her abilities to provide these services effectively, GIEVA accesses the ETS Proficiency Profile products – ETS® Accelerate; ETS Strategic Capital; ETS® Major Field Tests (MFTs) among others.
Before admission into any four-year college/university in the U.S, most institutions require applicants to write certain examinations, especially those related to their fields of study or their chosen career. Some of these exams include:
- SAT/ACT ( Undergraduate)
- Graduate Record Examination(GRE) (graduate)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL (Undergraduate & Graduate)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (Management Graduate Programs)
- The digital SAT consists of evidence-based reading and writing, and Mathematics.
- Candidates, willing to transfer their college/ university-earned credits from their home-country could also write the SAT, to be able to transfer such credits.
- The digital SAT is currently written in over 20 centers and administered by GIEVA in Nigeria.
- Currently the Test is written seven times in a year.
- With effect from March 2023, the SAT has become a digital test.
- More information is available at here
- ACT is written by candidates who desire to pursue their undergraduate studies in the U.S.
- There is the ACT with writing and ACT without writing.
- ACT is currently registered and written in Nigeria.
- The Test is written five times in a year.
- More information is available at act.org
Graduate Record Examination
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a test taken by individuals applying for graduate Programs to study in any field of study.
- The GRE consist of General Test or Subject test.
- Currently, testing is done at three locations in Nigeria. Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt.
Graduate Management Admission Test
- Graduate Management Admission Test is administered by Graduate Management Admission Council or GMAC
- GMAT is requires for admission to most U.S., Canadian and European business schools, and management programs.
- The result is also needed for admission to business PhD programs, such as Harvard Business School.
- GMAT exam does not test any specific knowledge in business or other specified subjects.
Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This test measures the ability of non- native speakers of English.
- It is used to measure your understanding of the language as it is spoken, written, or heard.
- It is Internet Based Test (IBT) made up of reading, listening, Speaking, and writing.
- Each Section of the four is scored over 30 with a total of 120 overall
- TOEFL is a requirement for most American & American based colleges and University around the world.
- Over 6000 colleges use TOEFL scores.
- TOEFL Scores are required by licensing agencies and immigration authorities in 110 countries.